The National Union of Italian Film Critics and La Biennale di Venezia unveiled the line-up for the 28th International Film Critics’ Week. The independent section of the 70th Venice International Film Festival will take place from 28th August to 7th September. The 2013 line-up includes a selection of first time director’s full-length films from all over the world plus three special events. A surprise film will be announced soon.
- L’Armée du salut / Salvation Army by Abdellah Taïa (France-Morocco)
- Återträffen / The Reunion by Anna Odell (Sweden)
- Las niñas Quispe / The Quispe Girls by Sebastián Sepúlveda (Chile-France-Argentina)
- Razredni sovražnik / Class Enemy by Rok Biček (Slovenia)
- White Shadow by Noaz Deshe (Italy-Germany-Tanzania)
- Zoran, il mio nipote scemo / Zoran, My Nephew the Idiot by Matteo Oleotto (Italy-Slovenia)
- Surprise film
Opening Film – Special Event Out of Competition
- L’arte della felicità / The Art of Happiness by Alessandro Rak (Italy)
Closing Film – Special Event Out of Competition
- Las analfabetas / Illiterate by Moisés Sepúlveda (Chile)
Special Event in collaboration with 70. Venice Film Festival and Venice Days
- Lino Micciché, mio padre. Una visione del mondo / Lino Micciché, My Father. A Vision of the World di Francesco Micciché (Italy)
Presentation press release of 2012 edition and zipped images for the selected films are now available for download. Click here.