The third edition of SIC@SIC (Short Italian Cinema @ Settimana Internazionale della Critica) once again puts forth a selection of seven short films by Italian directors who have not yet embarked on a full-length film, and two special events, all screened in their world premiere. The short films programme is part of the 33rd Venice International Film Critics’ Week, an independent and parallel section organized by the National Union of Italian Film Critics’ (SNCCI) during the 75th Venice International Film Festival (August 29 – September 8, 2018).
The selection is curated by the General Delegate Giona A. Nazzaro with the members of the selection committee Luigi Abiusi, Alberto Anile, Beatrice Fiorentino and Massimo Tria.
The programme was born thanks to the synergy between the National Union of Italian Film Critics’ (SNCCI) and the Istituto Luce-Cinecittà as one of the initiatives supporting the development of the new Italian cinema and promoting young filmmakers.
- Cronache dal crepuscolo / Chronicles From Dusk by Luca Capponi
- Epicentro / Epicentrum by Leandro Picarella
- Fino alla fine / Until The End by Giovanni Dota
- Frontiera by Alessandro Di Gregorio
- Gagarin, mi mancherai / Gagarin, I Will Miss You by Domenico De Orsi
- Malo tempo by Tommaso Perfetti
- Quelle brutte cose / Those Bad Things by Loris Giuseppe Nese
Special event – Opening short film
- Nessuno è innocente / Nobody’s Innocent by Toni D’Angelo
Special event – Closing short film
- Si sospetta il movente passionale con l’aggravante dei futili motivi / Under Suspicion For A Crime Of Passion Aggravated By Triviality by Cosimo Alemà
- Sugarlove by Laura Luchetti
Download the Press Release: Click here